Monday, February 05, 2007

I got 3 words for you...

"Lord save me!" I think this is the shortest prayer recorded in the Bible. And thats my prayer right now.

Somebody once told me that there are 2 kinds of prayer the public and the private. The public is where your asked to pray out loud with the whole group. While the private is you pray on your own. I feel that my public prayers are kinda mechanical. YOu know choose the right holy words to say. I think I know how the Pharisee praying out loud on the street corner might have felt praying. But my private prayer is "Lord save me...
...from the never ending trials in my life
...from my sins that i struggle with
...from the words i never meant to say
...from danger
...from doing harm to others
...from being a hypocrite
...from my problems
Lord save me!

1 comment:

Byron Lim said...

Yeah, I completely agree with you. It's so hard to be a Christian outside of the Church. When I try to be one, somehow I get sidetracked and get easily distracted. Please pray for me also and I will pray for you too. What you wrote here is also my challenge right now.